Picture
The world we live in is literally a toxic place.   There are harmful toxins absolutely everywhere…

The air that comes in our lungs, the water we drink and wash in, and the food we eat.  The products we use…Most anything our hands can touch these days has something in it that is toxic-nasty. Just plain bad for us….

You need to understand this, accept it.  It’s a Fact.

We grew up being aware of air pollution and water pollution. Every day each human body has to process a host of foreign invaders….

Cleaning products…ever look at the ingredients, of say dishwasher detergent?  That stuff doesn’t all rinse away, and is very toxic to humans.

Body care?  Most soap is petroleum based…yuck.  The gas that fuels your car is petroleum based for crying out loud….that pretty soap is loaded with chemicals too.  Even the stuff that says natural-read the label if you don’t believe me.  Deodorant?  Most of us use it-full of aluminum.  Bad, bad news.  Your toothpaste and mouthwash most likely contain fluoride.  Not good.  Don’t be deceived.

Lawn chemicals…..killing weeds is big business these days.  The problem is, it’s killing us.

Heavy metal.  Most of us are loaded with it. Ever play with mercury as a kid?  I did.  Wear braces?  Play with artist’s paint?  All ways to ingest high levels of heavy metal.  It comes in through the skin, and resides deep in your cells, especially in your brain. (they are neurotoxins) Heavy metal toxicity is responsible for lots of nasty, nasty diseases.

By the way, did you know your skin is a living sponge?  It absorbs what you touch…

Our bodies have been created to be able to flush out toxins, within reason.  The problem is, our environment today is so very toxic, that our bodies are simply overcome and overdone-they cannot process all the nastiness-so it stays with us-builds up.  If we don’t do something to clean house, all that toxicity makes us sick.  Sometimes deathly so.

Here’s my story. It’s a longer tale than I usually tell, but hey, I think it might help bring understanding.  Be of good benefit.

 I grew up eating processed food (more on that a bit later).  At that time people weren’t thinking about the quality, just convenience. My mom talks about when margarine first came out…it was plain white.  A small pouch of yellow coloring came with the white stuff. The idea was to squirt the yellow dye into the margarine and mix….kind of makes me want to puke. Seriously. Aside from ingesting piles of processed food, the concept that something you might touch could be harmful to you was considered pretty silly.  Skin was just skin….c’mon.

We ate white Wonder Bread, Creamy Jif Peanut Butter, and Smucker’s Jelly.  Lots of it. Had no idea that this stuff could be bad news for my body…

My dad was a dentist, and I helped him “down at the office”.  I played with mercury.  For years-it was fun.  My teeth weren’t so straight, so I wore braces for a couple years.  The bands were made of nickel.  I took oil painting lessons for a while…I loved it. Our teacher taught us to clean the pigment out of our brushes by using dish soap and rubbing the bristles into the palms of our hands. It worked great. The cadmium in said paint is a nasty carcinogen…..

Allergies. When I was little, I didn’t have any allergy problems.  They developed as I got older.  By the time I was in my 40’s I was living on antihistamines….I felt lousy most of the time. I couldn’t breathe well.  A change of course was needed.

I went to see a naturopathic doctor.  They consider the body in terms of energy and nutrition.  I wanted to get to the why of the allergies and not just continue to cover up the symptoms.  You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

Well, my little body was clogged up.  Big Time.  My internal organs were full of crap. Toxins that had built up over the course of years.  My sugar addiction hadn’t helped things either…

It turns out I am wheat intolerant. Shouldn’t put the stuff in my mouth.  The wheat our grandparents grew up on, is different than what we consume today. It is has been greatly tampered with-modified.  Many of us have health issues that could be helped or resolved, if we simply quit eating wheat.  This could be a blog post all of it’s own….

A started detoxing. Not for the faint of heart.  It took 9 months to get the effects of wheat completely out of my system.  I starting feeling really good….then not so good. What the heck?  Keep in mind that we heal in layers, and I had been dealing with layer #1.

Layer # 2, the real meat of the matter, was banging on my door.  I felt double lousy, and all of a sudden I was sensitive to everything-food, smells, stuff I touched.  It all made me feel really and truly strange.  Out of whack.  What in the freaking world???  Metal. Heavy metal toxicity.  I was loaded. This was the root cause of my allergy problems.  Heavy metal sits like an elephant on the immune system…with loads of metal present, the body just doesn’t have the resources to process the allergy histamines.

And so it began.  DETOX.  Heavy metal detox is not at all for the faint of heart. I remember being at the clinic and hearing the doc say, “ Jan, I won’t lie to you, this is not an easy thing to clear out.”  Damn.  He was right.  It’s 2.5 years later, and I we are still clearing it out.  Four metals later, and I am almost done.  Some of it’s been hell. 

No more allergies.  Priceless and worth every penny of what I’ve been through. Genuine gratitude.

I remember being young and hearing and reading about how terrible mercury was, how you shouldn’t use products that contain so much aluminum, that art supplies have nasty, crappy stuff in them….  There was a tiny little inner voice that told me to listen. I didn’t.  Thought that sort of garbage was for other people. It’s not.

So OK, Jan, you had to clean your body out. Lots of people do it.  Very true.  But here’s another thing that has deeply motivated me, aside from massive allergies.  My dad.  He has advanced Parkinson’s disease (stage 5). He has suffered for 19 years-growing more and more debilitated and frail with each passing year.  I cannot describe to you how our whole family painfully aches to see a once vibrant, firecracker of a man, reduced to a wheelchair, and unable to care for himself. 

Dad was a dentist for more than 30 years.  A higher than the average percentage of Parkinson’s patients were/are dentists. My dad handled mercury and nickel every day, 6 days a week for those 30+ years.  Those toxins were absorbed into his skin and took up residence in his brain cells.  Metal toxins are neurotoxins….hey, I am no expert, but I am pretty sure my dad’s brain got so full of metal toxicity that it just went haywire.  Think in terms of epidemic Alzhemier’s and dementia.  There is research out there that supports this, but that’s not the purpose of this particular post….

Bottom line, we need to keep our sacred temples clean.  If you want to live healthy, vibrant lives, that are not dependent on the pharmaceutical industry, you need to deeply clean your precious body and keep it clean.  Read the label, think about what it is that’s going in your mouth, what you are breathing and your skin is touching.  What you use to clean your house and clean yourself…it really does matter.

I’d love to hear from you.  Like I said, I’m not expert, just a woman on a whacky journey.  Detoxing yourself? I’d love to support you.  We need all the support we can get on this not-for- the- faint -hearted- journey. Want to find out more about detox?  I’ll do my best to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

Remember, your shining glory resides in a beautiful earthen vessel.  Your body. Honor it, and it will always, always honor you.  This is the way of things….


 


Comments




Leave a Reply